When it comes to air monitoring in the waste water treatment industry, the most common challenge is dealing with odour.
Ektimo has vast experience working with WWTP's consulting, designing, sampling, analysing, and advising engineers and operators. The result? A complete industry solution for what is EPA's most common complaint, odour.
Ektimo can assist you with these odour challenges:
- Identifying and ranking your odour sources
- Manage issues with odour complaints from nearby neighbours
- Losing your buffer zone
We sample from inlet channels, primary sedimentation tanks, aeration tanks, activated sludge tanks, clarifiers, sludge lagoons, sludge drying beds, anaerobic lagoons, facultative lagoons, desolved air floatation tanks, and any other source that presents.
We have worked with EPAs, regulators, and community groups with the major water boards across Australia and can confidently say we are the industry supplier.
NATA Accredited Odour Testing Service
Ektimo has NATA accreditation for olfactometry in NSW, Victoria and WA and we are the largest odour testing laboratories in Australia. In fact, our team were the first suppliers of NATA accredited odour testing services in Australia.
In conjunction with odour testing, we supply the full suite of complimentary services including reduced sulphur compound analysis, ambient and point source hydrogen sulphide analysis, and flux testing of area sources including ponds and lagoons.
The following list covers the most common testing methodologies associated with waste water that Ektimo services.
Stack Emission Testing
- Odour Sampling & Analysis (AS 4323.3)
- Odour Sampling (AS 4323.4)
- Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S) (USEPA 11)
- Total Reduced Sulfur (TRS) (USEPA 16A & 16C)
- Combustion gases (NOx –USEPA 7E, SO2 –USEPA 6C, CO –USEPA 10, CO2 & O2 –USEPA 3A)
- Total Organic Compounds (USEPA 25A)
Continuous Emission Monitoring Systems (CEMS)
- Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S), compliant with PS-7, USEPA Procedure 1, WA CEMS Code, and NSW CEM-7
- Total Reduced Sulfur (TRS), compliant with PS-5, USEPA Procedure 1, WA CEMS Code, and NSW CEM-5
- Combustion gases (NOx, SO2, CO, CO2 & O2), compliant with USEPA PS-2, 3 and 4, USEPA Procedure 1, WA CEMS Code, and NSW CEM-2, 3 and 4
- Velocity and flow rate compliant with USEPA PS-6, WA CEMS Code, and NSW CEM-6
Ambient Air Monitoring (and enclosed sources such as wet wells)
- Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S) using OdaLog or AcruLog
- Field Odour Surveys according to VDI3940
Contact us to speak to one of our industry experts about how we can help on your next project.