While a large scope of the work we provide for the sector is for regulatory purposes, investigative projects for emission and process control is an area where Ektimo can draw on its vast experience to provide the best outcome for its clients.
The paper industry is fascinating as it connects all of us to nature. When we think of this industry, we think of an industry that works with nature and the community. We think of sustainability, recycling, renewing, and reusing a precious resource.
Ektimo has had a long association with the Paper Makers primarily for EPA stack testing purposes. Many hours over many years have been spent at pulp, recycle and paper product plants across Australia.
Our services to the paper and packaging industry include:
- Extensive field testing of stacks for EPA licence and NPI requirements
- Flange to valve leak detection of process piping
- Training for in-house stack testers,
- Sampling water lagoons for odour and sulphur gases
- Laboratory analysis
- Air monitoring instrument supply and servicing
- CEMS supply,
- Commissioning and servicing
- CEMS correlation testing for EPA licence
- Odour and sulphur gas testing from plant sources and ambient air odour
- Workplace air testing
From the ongoing challenges of tree replanting, the heavy use of water and chemicals, and the future challenges of providing clean energy plants and eliminating odourous concerns, Ektimo is well positioned to provide a growing list of air specialist environment services involving our field, laboratory, instruments, and consulting teams.
The following list covers the most common testing methodologies associated with paper and packaging production that Ektimo services.
Stack Emission Monitoring
- Particulate matter (USEPA 5/17, AS4323.2)
- Particulate matter - PM10 & PM2.5 (USEPA 201A)
- Particulate matter - Dust meter correlation (PS-11)
- Combustion gases (NOx –USEPA 7E, SO2 –USEPA 6C, CO –USEPA 10, CO2 & O2 –USEPA 3A)
- Volatile Organic Compounds (USEPA 18)
- Aldehydes and Ketones (USEPA SW-846 0011)
- Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons (USEPA SW-846 0010, CARB 429)
- Dioxins and Furans (USEPA 23)
- Total Metals (USEPA 29)
- Halides and Halogens (USEPA 26A)
- Total Fluoride (USEPA 13B)
- Odour (AS4323.3)
Continuous Emission Monitoring Systems (CEMS)
- Particulate matter CEMS (Dust meter correlation), compliant with USEPA PS-11, USEPA Proceedure 2, WA CEMS Code, and NSW CEM-1
- Combustion gases (NOx, SO2, CO, CO2 & O2), compliant with USEPA PS-2, 3 and 4, USEPA Proceedure 1, WA CEMS Code, and NSW CEM-2, 3 and 4
- Velocity and flow rate compliant with USEPA PS-6, WA CEMS Code, and NSW CEM-6
Ambient Air Monitoring
- Fluorides (F), manual, double filter paper sampling (AS 3580.13.2, NSW AM-8)
- Fluorides (F), automated, double paper tape sampling (AS 3580.13.1, NSW AM-7)
- Nitrogen Oxides (NOx) (AS 3580.5.1, NSW AM-12)
- Carbon Monoxide (CO) (AS 3580.7.1, NSW AM-6)
- Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) (AS 3580.4.1, NSW AM-20)
- Particulate Matter (TSP), high volume sampler method (AS 2724.3, NSW AM-15)
- Particulate Matter (PM10), high volume sampler with size selective inlet (AS 3580.9.6, NSW AM-18)
- Particulate Matter (PM10), TEOM (AS 3580.9.8, NSW AM-22)
Furthermore, the continued development and expansion of Ektimo's instrumentation department adds yet another service offering to assist our clients to meet the demands of emission and process measurement and control.
Contact us to speak to one of our industry experts about how we can help on your next project.